2018-2019 Academic Achievement Awards
At the end of the spring semester, the School of Business holds its annual Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony. The highlight of the night is always the presentation of the Dean's Award. The award is presented to the undergraduate student who demonstrates high academic achievement, leadership and service. This academic year, the award was present to Thomas Putman, B.S. ’19.
Putman completed his associate’s degree at Carroll Community College and transferred to the University of Baltimore in the Fall of 2017. A recipient of the Wilson Presidential Scholarship, Putman earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and of the Helen P. Denit Accounting Honors program. As an accounting student he has completed internships with CliftonLarsonAllen and Acadia Family Office. He began working full-time at CliftonLarsonAllen right after graduation. While a student, Putman was also very active on campus. He is a member of Beta Alpha Psi and was president for the Fall 2018 semester. In the Spring of 2019, he participated in the Student Government Association as a senator. He was also a member of the finance committee. Through his membership in Beta Alpha Psi, he supprted the Junior Achievement of Maryland, JA Biztown ,and RSM’s International Day of Literacy.
Putman participated in the Global Field Study to Thailand and was also an accelerated bachelor’s to master’s student. He is planning to sit for the CPA exam and pursue his master’s degree in the near future.
The following awards were also presented during the ceremony:
- Maryland Associations of CPAs “Outstanding Student Award”: Thomas Putman, B.S. ’19
- Accounting Merit Award: Michaela Reid, B.S. ’18
- Finance Merit Award: Farheen Nabi, B.S. ’19 and Kevin McHugh B.S. ’19
- Real Estate and Economic Development Merit Award: Chase Robinson, B.S. ’18 and Joshua Dinkins, B.S. ’19
- General Business Merit Award: Elise Smith, B.S. ’18
- Human Resource Management Merit Award: Olha Dikusar, B.S. ’18
- International Business Merit Award: Sean Molony, B.S. ’18
- Management Merit Award: Nathan Freeman, B.S. ’19
- Charles Siegmann Information Technology Award: Scott Thomsen, B.S. ’18
- Entrepreneurship Merit Award: Malikahon Amanova, B.S. ’19
- Dr. Peter Lynagh Marketing Merit Award: Theodora Nnagbo, B.S. ’18
Below are images of the awardees who attended the May 2019 event.
Thomas Putman and Phil Korb for the MACPA award