Givatas to Help School Grow Engaged Network
The Merrick School of Business is working to create better networks. In doing so, we have partnered with a company called Givitas. Their platform will provide you with an opportunity to connect with other professionals, students, and UBalt alumni—giving you the chance to broaden your network and give back to others. The program has no associated financial costs to you and the benefits are numerous. We have just started building the network this summer and we hope you'll join us. Currently the network is for Merrick School of Business alumni, students in our graduates business programs, members of school's advisory boards and other identified business professionals.
Here's some background about the platform:
- Givitas is a purpose-built platform for asking and giving help that is based on the social science research of Wharton School Professor Adam Grant and U of Michigan Professor Wayne Baker.
- The goal of Givitas is to be a "Giver," someone who gives without expecting anything in return, in just 5-minutes a week. It also takes less than 1-minute to join.
- You will not be expected to give help to everyone nor will you be able to, as there will be diverse needs in the community and therefore we need a diverse network to help. Once you join, feel free to share the link with others you know in the Merrick community/alumni network.
- Everyone is encouraged to ask for help and give help when you can - however, striving to either ask or give help a few times per month is ideal. Don't know what to ask for, Givitas has a guide for that on the platform.
- Requests for help can be big or small, personal or professional. Most requests are for information, advice, resources, and connections. You will see some already in the community when you join.
We have just started building the network. We hope you'll join us.
Have additional questions or you want to join our network, contact Amy Greenlee in the Office of the Dean for answers. She can be reached at email@example.com.